Latinos Unidos 2013 Scholarship Application Form
Latinos Unidos of Iowa, Inc. is proud to grant scholarships for Latino/Latina students who will attend Iowa institutions. Application deadline is May 1, 2013 for Fall Semester. This process has two stages, Application and Community Involvement. Applicants will be notified via e-mail if they are selected for the Community Involvement stage. It is the applicant’s responsibility to notify Latinos Unidos of contact information updates. Failure to do so results in the elimination of scholarship consideration.
Community Involvement Requirement
Those who live in the Des Moines area are required to participate in two of these Latino Unidos events: Fundraising Dinner, Summer Picnic, Scholarship Award Dinner, or Resource Fair.
Those who live outside the Des Moines area are required to participate in two Latino events in their community and provide verification to the Scholarship Committee.
How to apply for the 2013 Latinos Unidos Scholarship
Due Date is May 1, 2013
1. Complete the Application Cover Sheet on the next page. Only typed applications accepted.
2. Applications must include TWO letters of recommendation from teachers, mentors, supervisors, co-workers, or community leaders. The letters of recommendation must address the items listed in the essay section and be sent via e-mail attachment as a Word document.
3. Applications must include proof of acceptance into the college you plan to attend or proof of current enrollment status from the college you are attending (please scan these documents).
4. Applications must include current transcript(s) from your current institution with GPA (please scan these documents).
5. Essay Section: Write a paragraph or two about each of these statements.
- 1. Please share what you would like your life to be like 10 years from today.
- 2. Tell us what you hope to accomplish in your career.
- 3. Provide specific examples of your level of involvement in school activities.
- 4. Tell us about your leadership roles at home, school, work, or in the community.
- 5. Please share your level of involvement in the Latino community.
- 6. Provide specific examples of your participation in social events outside of school.
- 7. Tell us how you plan to pay for college.
Click here for the Latinos Unidos of Iowa, Inc. Scholarship Application—>Latinos Unidos of Iowa, Inc. Scholarship